|This page is very likely to reveal significant plot points and future story developments so read at your own risk!|
Takao is one of the love interests in the story "Legend of the Willow". He is a sorcerer and the jounin of the shinobi clan where Mei took refuge with the help of Kazu. He first appeared on Season 1 Episode 5.
Takao is a sorcerer and the leader of the shinobi clan. At first he was against Mei taking refuge in the village, fearing for the secrecy of their clan. However he agreed to teach Mei how to do magic and is eventually warming up to her. His hands are covered with bandages to cover the wounds he receives as payment for using magic. His age is unknown but it is assumed that he is older than Kazu but not by far.
Takao is an intelligent and calm person. He rarely appears under stress or shows his emotion. He puts his clan as priority above anything; including when contemplating on accepting Mei's offer to hire their services. He is also a fair and a firm teacher, often pushing Mei to the limit to ensure she would learn everything she could and praising Mei when she could perform magic.
Mei often describes him as mysterious, distant and very hard to read. Although if Mei didn't romance anyone, he would express his interest in her and acted more casual with her. Player can decide to pursue romantic relationship with him or stay amicable.
- In Season 2 Episode 8, he mentioned that his hair and eye color changed due to magic.
- In Season 2, Episode 9, he shape-shifted into a tiger and falcon.
- Mei (default name of the main character) - In the beginning Takao was reluctant to accept Mei but he finally agreed to teach her how to do magic. Depending on your choices, you can have a good relationship with him and romantic relationship.
- Kazu - It is mentioned several times that they are very close friends, like brothers, and that Kazu is the only one that could speak against Takao.
- Grandpa Chongan - The herb/medic specialist is another person who could speak against Takao. From their conversation in Season 2 Episode 8, it seems that Grandpa Chongan had been taking care of Takao during his times of learning magic.
- Satoshi - The disguise master; member of the clan.
- Hong - Member of the clan.
- Masamune - Takao and Masamune respect each other.
- Azumi - member of the clan.
- Shino-Odori - A yokai who lives in the forest near the shinobi's village. Takao approached her after finding out that Shino-Odori assisted Mei in preventing a disaster. He then struck an agreement with her to help Mei.
Interaction with Takao
S1, Ep 5
- Don't loose your focus. (💎 22) (This choice affect Mei's relationship with Takao)
S1, Ep 6
- Do they live together? (This choice negativity influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
- Why do Kitsune only have power over fire and Illusions? (💎10) (This choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
- Takao, you are a wonderful teacher. (This choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
S1, Ep 7
- Can I repay you somehow, Takao? (If you have a good relationship with Takao, he will ask you to his house triggering the next choice)
- Go to Takao’s house. (💎 20) (This choice affected Mei’s relationship with Takao) (Takao asks you to perform a Geisha dance for him. You perform a dance for him. Afterwards the two have a light and pleasant conversation)
- Stay at Chongan’s house. (This choice negativity influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
S2, Ep 5
- Meet with Takao as soon as possible. (You go to Takao’s house) (This choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
S2, Ep 6
- Kazu I’m sorry. (💎 10) “The choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao and Kazu”
- Yes, Takao. (this choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
- Only, about his castle… (💎 6) "This choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao"
- Only, about his ancestor’s jealousy. (💎 6) "This choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao"
S2, Ep 7
- It’s Beautiful. In it’s own way. (💎 20)
S2, Ep 8
- It’s unusual... (💎 6) or Does it take a lot of strength? (💎 6)(This choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
- It seemed so to me too. (💎 21) (This choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
- Burn it with a glow. (🔥 12 Amber Fox points required) or Create an acolyte. (✨12 Pearl Fox points required) (This choice influenced Mei’s relationship with Takao)
S3, Ep 1
- Me too (💎 27) (This choice influenced Mei's relationship with Takao)